Mike and I celebrated our 6 month anniversary last night (9/3/12) after I got home from work. Mike had dinner ready and a glass of wine poured. We shared stories of events and things we've shared and learned through the last 6 months of marriage! It’s been a challenging, rewarding, adventurous 6 months of marriage, and I cannot wait for more J
6 things I love about my husband on our 6 month anniversary!
6. His burgers and kabobs. He’s making it hard for me to go out to eat for a burger…I would much rather eat his home made, grilled burgers. Yum!
5. Our date nights. Since we were married, we’ve made a commitment to keep our relationship first and have found having a date night each week is helpful to keep us connected and doing things together. Just to name a few: biking to Lake Alvin, eating Jimmy Johns, while watching the sunset (picture below); picnicking at the Falls then walking downtown to listen to jazz music; eating Juice Stop (ok, we do this often, but hey! It's sooo good); walking around our neighborhoods and watching the sunset (we’ve already lived in 2 since we’ve been married!); making dinner together then giving each other back massages. It’s really more about the company than what we do!
4. The way he makes me smile J I think it’s his goal each day to make me crack a smile, even if I’m not ‘feeling it’. He’s done well, as I cannot think of a day that has gone by that I didn’t smile at least once. He is such a good encourager for me. Always reminding me that I am beautiful and how he wouldn’t change a thing about how God created me. That always helps me on those days I look in the mirror and pick at this or that. Or on those days I feel down and feel the weight of the world on my shoulders. I turn around and there is my husband, doing or saying something goofy to make me crack J
3. His touch. His hugs pull me in with strength and tell me in themselves that I am loved. Even while we sit in the car or in church, he’ll often have his hand on my knee. It’s enough to say “I love you” J
2. His inquisitive mind. My husband is always learning or intrigued about something. I’ve learned so much over the past 6 months. I don’t think I would have even thought twice about the lunar or Venus eclipse or the fact that a woman just received a robotic eye! I love Mike’s mind. If I ever wonder about something, I just need to go to him. Either he knows the answer and shares it readily, makes up an answer that satisfies me or searches on his smart phone for the answer. I have my own encyclopedia living with me!
1. Mike’s commitment to Christ. We both believe that Jesus MUST be the center of our marriage. All of our disagreements have ended in a surrendering prayer. With Mike’s eyes on the Lord it makes it easy for me to follow Him. I am sometimes brought to tears by his kindness and love. He truly desires to make the most of the life the Lord has given him while he is here on earth and it brings deep joy within me to share in this adventure with him.