Thursday, December 23, 2010

Floored

I am floored right now...wow...God is so good.
So here's the deal.  I was planning on going back to Haiti from January 4-11.  Some things changed with the group going...and long story short...plans changed to come back on the 19th.  I already was scheduled to work that week and didn't know how I was going to get off working.  I headed up to work today to try to figure it out.  I said to God on the way in, "God if you want me to go, I just pray finding people to work for me goes smoothly.  If not, I pray finding people to work for me is difficult (as it can be when your trying to find people to cover for 4 shifts!) and I will stay home." 
When I got up to work, I first went to talk to my manager.  I wanted to inform her of what had happened.  I wasn't expecting what she told me.  "Heidi, I'm going to take you off that weekend. (3 shifts)  All I need you to do is to see if you can find a few people to consider being oncall for those days.  Or else, consider it taken care of!"  Whoa!  Really God?  Its that easy?  I only had to call a few co-workers before all but one shift was covered.  Wow.
The last day that I needed to trade I could only trade that shift with about two people.  The first phone call I made, my co-worker was more than willing to help me out!  Wow again! 
I walked out of work with a smile :)  Merry Christmas to me!  haha
The last blessing today....I called my mom to inform her I was going to be in Haiti for two weeks instead of one...and she was happy for me!  Thank you Jesus. 
I couldn't have asked for a better Christmas present :)

P.S.  I have saved quite a bit for my trips to Haiti, but with switching my ticket, its costing me a little more than planned.  If you feel led to give a few bucks, let me know...I won't turn you down this time  ;) 
And even more than money...I'd appreciate all your prayers as I prepare for this trip! 

No comments:

Post a Comment